• Hip Hop
Dance Classes for Adults
With a variety of dance styles on offer, we specialise in adult dance classes (ages 16+) for absolute beginners to advanced levels. From Hip Hop dance, Club, Dancehall, Breakdance or Heels – we have a course to suit you! Our friendly and experienced instructors are passionate about teaching you to dance and to develop the skills you need in order to look and feel truly confident in your selected style. Regular dance events, studio parties and performance opportunities are also available throughout the year.
Group Classes vs. Private Lessons?
- Group dance classes in a fun, social studio
- Learn steps, combos and routines
- Join one of our 8 week courses
- From absolute beginners to advanced
- Meet new people, be part of our dance family
- Best for people who want to take group classes, learn just for fun or fitness
- Private dance lessons, 1-on-1 lessons with your own dance instructor. Detailed info here
- Accelerated learning and fast results
- Perfect for catch-up lessons if you’ve missed out part of the routine. Flexible bookings!
- Best for people who want step-by-step guidance and 100% personalised attention
What To Expect
- Choose from a variety of styles
- Beginners to advanced
- No experience necessary
- All ages 16+
- Gain Skills & build confidence
- Have fun and make friends
- Supportive environment
- Increase fitness levels
- Teachers who care about student development
- Wear any comfortable clothing & shoes
- Top CBD location
- Performance opportunities
- Private Lessons and/or Group Classes
How a Typical Class Runs:
Classes start with a basic Warm-Up which is set to energizing and upbeat music, ranging from current hits to old-school favourites.
2. Dance / Technique Elements
Next, students are taught some dance Technique Elements which will be used as part of the routine later in the class. Each step is named, explained, taught and then practiced to music.
3. Routine / Choreography
Students will then be taught a short routine set to the difficulty of the class. Depending which course students are enrolled in, routines may change every week, every fortnight or if preparing for a student showcase they will maintain one “main” choreography throughout the course while also learning different “short” routines each week or fortnight.
Routines are taught in an easy-to follow way and students will have the opportunity to repeat what they learn a number of times during class, in order to feel really confident and comfortable in their dancing.
4. Cool Down
Cool down exercises or stretch component. Our teachers have years of experience both in the style of class they teach as well as the art of dance instruction itself. We use only the highest quality teaching methods which ensures that each and every student has a great time participating in our classes!
Just starting out?
Here’s why we recommend some 1-on-1 learning at first:
Wherever possible and in order to develop a strong foundation, we recommend new beginners start out with some Private Lessons at first. Here, the teachers can work on your particular needs and with your goals and abilities in mind – which will give you the best and fastest results. Privates are also available for those who wish to accelerate their learning, catch-up parts of a routine they’ve missed or if students want to specialise on a specific dance style.
We have many students who choose this method in order to receive a customised approach, to take advantage of the flexible bookings or when they simply wish to learn in a more private setting. Many students also opt for private lessons when preparing for upcoming events, weddings, competitions, to learn specific choreography eg. videoclips or cultural dances. More info or book an intro private lesson, click here.